The perfect place to cool off is right in town, at the Olympic swimming pool complex in Gloucester District Park with lap pool, wading pool with water feature & picnic area.
WHERE: The Olympic Pool Complex in Gloucester District Park, Boundary St, Gloucester
WHEN: The swimming season in Gloucester is Spring-Summer-Autumn, from October to April.
- Monday-Friday (01 Oct – 28 Apr): 6.00am-6.00pm
- Weekends & public holidays: peak season (12 Nov to 19 Mar): 11.00am-6.00pm
- Weekends & public holidays: shoulder season (1 Oct to 5 Nov; 26 Mar to 28 Apr): 11.00am-4.00pm
COST: adult $4.50; concession (senior/under 16yrs) $3.50; family $12; spectator only: $2
- Three month pass: single $150; family $220;
- Season pass: single $250; family $400
CONTACT: More details from the helpful pool staff on 6538 5270.
For a small country town, Gloucester enjoys an exceptional range of sporting facilities that make it the envy of many larger centres. In the middle of the green and lovely Gloucester District Park you’ll find the council-owned pool complex that’s been providing perfect swimming conditions for over 50 years.
You’ll love the 50m lap pool, 15m wading pool with water feature & shade cover, toilets, change rooms, kiosk, first aid room, shady areas, picnic facilities & a fenced children’s play area.
The many benefits of swimming include health, enjoyment and lots of fun for the kids! The grassy area features 2 free electric barbecues and a gazebo that’s perfect for parties, work functions or even the extended family. Plus there’s free wi-fi available for those who can’t live without their technology close by.
The outdoor Olympic Pool is heated to 26°C and the Hydrotherapy Pool is heated to 34°C.
• HOW: For swimming around Gloucester & Barrington Tops pick up a swimming brochure at the Gloucester Visitor Information Centre or download the brochure here.
• COST: Free
• CONTACT: Pick up a free map at Gloucester Visitor Information Centre at 27 Denison Street. Call 6538 5252